Distance Learning provision
All students are expected to participate in distance learning. Your child will be set lessons through the use of Satchel One (formerly Show my Homework) for each subject area. It is expected that students work through the activities as instructed spending approximately 5 hours per day in study. We would advise they stick to their normal sequence of subjects and spend no more than their normal allocated time on each subject. Work can be submitted through Satchel One or by academy email address. Each student will also be notified through Satchel One of opportunities to meet subject staff online through Microsoft Teams to support their progress. When your child uses Microsoft Teams please note the following:
· Your child will need to access their academy email account to attend.
· The member of staff will explain ground rules at the start of each session.
· Students must mute their microphones to prevent acoustic problems.
· Students are not to record or take images of anything or make audio recordings.
· Staff will record the session for safeguarding purposes.
· If students do not abide by the rules or conduct themselves appropriately the session will end, they will not be invited again and their parents/carers will be informed.
Students will also receive regular communication through their academy email address and the Satchel One messaging system. Both systems your child should be familiar with.
Should your child need support with completion of the activities there are a number of routes that can be taken by them independently:
· Email the subject teacher concerned through their academy email account.
· Message the subject teacher through Satchel One.
· Attend the appropriate Microsoft Teams session. Staff email addresses can be located in the ‘Contact us’ area of the academy website in the ‘About us’ menu.
The ‘Departmental contacts’ option holds all staff names, email addresses and roles.
The academy reception will be open throughout this period and so help can also be sought by parents or carers by telephone should these avenues not resolve the problem. The academy website also holds additional information about distance learning for core subjects and PSCHE below.
Additional information is available here (Remote education information for parents).
You can view additional information here on the following distance learning subjects: