'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ can be good for your heart
As part of our environment and sustainability drive, we are pleased to announce the installation of our donation point container.
This has been positioned to allow students, staff and the local community to donate suitable items that can be reused or repurposed when they are sold on by the British Heart Foundation to raise vital funds for the charity's worthy objectives, which are to:
• pioneer research into the causes of heart disease and improved methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment;
• provide vital information to help people reduce their heart health risk;
• press for government policies that minimise the risk of heart and circulatory disease;
• help attain the highest possible standards of care and support for heart patients;
• reduce the inequalities in levels of heart disease across the UK.
The Academy has worked with the British Heart Foundation for a number of years, delivering essential CPR training to our students.