Year 6 into 7 Transition
(Transferring from primary school)
* We invite all prospective parents and children to an open evening early in the Autumn Term - this year it is on Wednesday 3 October, from 6pm till 8pm.
* There are also opportunities to visit during the working day.
* Through liaison with primary schools, students in Years 5 and 6 have opportunities to participate in learning activities, performing arts and sports.
* Senior pastoral staff visit all prospective students in the Summer Term prior to transfer.
* An Induction day will take place, on Tuesday 11 July 2019, for Year 6 students to familiarise themselves with the school environment and to meet with their tutors.
* A new intake parents’ evening provides an opportunity for parents to meet tutors and senior staff.
* Close links with our primary schools ensure that students settle in quickly and build on the skills they have developed during Key Stage 2.
The letter sent out to all year 6 Parents & Carers, can be downloaded HERE.